Rice water, also known as rice water hair rinse, is a natural hair treatment that involves mixing cold rice water with a little bit of lemon juice and leaving it on the hair for about 10 minutes. The result is soft, shiny, and bouncy hair. However, does it really help? Let’s find out in the following Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Review.
Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Ingredients
The highlights of the shampoo are its three components that promise to repair damaged hair:
- Fermented Rice Water
- Hydrolyzed Keratin
- Wheat Protein
What is Fermented Rice Water?
Fermented Rice Water is a liquid food made from rice and koji or a fungus that contains lactic acid bacteria.
Fermented Rice Water is used in cooking as an alternative to water, stock, and other liquids. It has a much milder taste than its counterparts and can be used for cooking dishes without flavors of meats. Fermented Rice Water is also used as a base for sauces, dressings, and soups.
Fermented rice water has been shown to have some health benefits including having anti-diabetic effects on the body. It’s also rich in potassium which can help with muscle cramps as well as antioxidative properties that can help support the immune system.
But How Does It Help Hair?
- Rice water has been shown to reduce hair loss by more than 50%.
- It is also excellent for soothing the itchy scalp and reducing inflammation.
- Rice water can be used as an alternative to shampoo and conditioner.
- It can be mixed with honey, yogurt, or eggs to form a conditioning mask that leaves the hair smooth and shiny.
What is Hydrolyzed Keratin?
Hydrolyzed Keratin is a protein that is derived from natural sources. It helps to strengthen and smooth the hair, which will result in an overall healthier appearance.
Hydrolyzed Keratin is a hair care ingredient that has been used for years by stylists to straighten, curl, or reduce frizz in hair. However, it has only recently been used as a beauty product because it can reduce breakage and adds moisture to the hair.
Overall, Hydrolyzed Keratin is one of the main ingredients in most shampoos and conditioners because of its ability to protect hair from damage while also strengthening it.
What is Wheat Protein?
Wheat protein is a type of vegetable protein that is made from grinding up wheat. Wheat protein has been a common ingredient in hair care products since the late 1980s.
- The main benefit of wheat protein is that it strengthens and moisturizes your hair, which prevents breakage and dryness, while also protecting it from environmental elements like UV rays.
- It can also help with hair loss by providing nutrients to the scalp and encouraging the growth of new hair.
Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Review
Mamaearth Rice Water Shampoo Review
It provides antioxidant properties, it’s great for your hair strands, it’s hypoallergenic, and it’s sulfate-free – there is absolutely no reason why you should not buy it.
- It has all the right ingredients that repair damaged hair. It provides nourishment and moisture to the hair.
- It has a subtle, soft fragrance which makes it soothing.
- It can repair split ends.
- It is free from paraben, silicones, and sulfates.
- It removes the oil but does not make the scalp dry.
Mamaearth is a brand that takes pride in being eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and vegan. They use products that are made with the best ingredients possible while still being environmentally sustainable. Their rice water shampoo is made from the extracts of rice water. It provides antioxidant properties, it’s great for your hair strands, it’s hypoallergenic, and it’s sulfate-free – there is absolutely no reason why you should not buy it. I hope this Mamaearth rice water shampoo review will be helpful.