A baby’s skin demands more care and attention as compared to an adult’s. Their tender skin tends to catch infection and dirt more quickly. Therefore, while caring for the baby’s bedding needs, you must ensure that you only buy organic products and safe for the baby. One of the most neglected areas of hygiene is bedding. Many new or inexperienced parents tend to ignore the importance of having a clean bed for the baby. In fact, many new parents do not realize how crucial it is to keep an eye on the baby’s sleeping area.
If you are an inexperienced parent or just willing to provide better care to your baby, here is a list of 4 products you need in your household. All these products are readily available online as well as offline and do not cost a fortune.
Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Laundry Detergent for Babies
I cannot stress enough the importance of having a suitable detergent for washing baby’s sheets and cases. Why? Because:
- The regular detergent might be too harsh for the baby’s skin.
- Washing your baby’s clothes and other family members’ clothes in the same load can risk a skin infection.
Therefore, it is recommended that parents use a different detergent for the baby’s sheets and do not mix them with other family member’s sheets and clothes.
I recommend Mother Sparsh Plant Powered laundry detergent.
- It is a natural formula.
- It can kill the germs in the used sheets.
- The detergent is made from a blend of botanical herbs that focus on maintaining the softness and hygiene of the baby’s laundry.
- It can be used to wash sheets, towels, blankets, and even washable diapers.
- Another reason I recommend Mother Sparsh Plant Powered laundry detergent is because of its ability to remove milk residue, dirt, and odor from the laundry.
Let us look at the ingredients that make up the excellent product:
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera helps in reducing the chances of catching irritation and infection. It is safe for the skin and gentle to touch.
- Neem – Neem is filled with organic agents that kill bacteria. It removes the harmful germs from the baby’s laundry and protects the baby from diseases.
- Eucalyptus Oil – Eucalyptus is a highly baby-friendly herb that imparts a fresh and soothing fragrance to the laundry. Eucalyptus also prevents the growth of bacteria.
Mother Sparsh’s detergent is an excellent product for babies of all ages. It is a safe formula made entirely from plant extracts. It is effective on harsh stains and carries antibacterial properties. The detergent is also safe for new-born baby laundry.
Mother Sparsh detergent can be used for hand-wash as well as machine wash. For hand wash, mix 5 ml of liquid detergent in 5 liters of water. Soak the laundry for 30 minutes. Next, gently scrub with hands and rinse with clean water. For the machine, put 5 ml of liquid in 5litres of water. Add clothes to the machine and wash in the usual manner.
Washable Crib Mattresses
A crib mattress makes the baby feel comfortable in the crib. However, when poop happens, and everything in the crib needs cleaning, a mattress can give you nightmares. This is where having a washable crib mattress can save you a lot of time and money.
Choosing a mattress for your baby’s crib can be made simple if you take care of the following things:
- Choose a plant-based mattress. A soy-enhanced foam core provides the right amount of firmness for the little ones.
- The mattress should have a waterproof cover. A woven fabric cover is waterproof as well as stain-resistant. Waterproof covers also ensure the longevity of the mattress.
- Many mattresses come with built-in antibacterial technology. Select a mattress that does not let the bacteria grow quickly.
Before you buy a mattress or a mattress cover, take the measurements of the cot properly.
A Vacuum Cleaner
If you have been waiting to buy a vacuum cleaner, this is your sign. A good quality vacuum cleaner can help you maintain a high level of hygiene in the nursery. The dust in the corners and on the floor can harm a baby in more ways than you can imagine. It is always great to have a machine that can suck all the dirt from the most challenging parts of the room with minimum effort.
If you have a pet spend some time in the nursery with the baby, having a vacuum cleaner becomes even more essential. I recommend investing in a high-quality product like Dyson. These vacuum cleaners have a high suction capacity. They can not just take care of the dust but can also suck the pet hair from the cot, sheets, and carpet in the nursery.
Modern vacuum cleaners come with advanced filters and accessories that can remove even the tiniest particles. Use the accessories to clean the baby crib. Always vacuum both sides of the mattress and sheets.
A new-born’s body is not ready to fight the amount of pollution that we face daily. Most parts of the world do not have clean air even inside their homes. This is where a good-quality air purifier comes into action. An air purifier cleans the air, removes the air-borne pollutants, and protects your child from infections.
Some high-end air purifiers are loaded with technologies that can even kill the viruses and bacteria in the air. I recommend investing in a portable air purifier and a quitter one. The low noise will not disturb the baby’s sleep at night, and a portable one means that you can carry it along if you are traveling.
Building a neat and healthy nursery is not going to be easy. It is not going to be cheap either. However, a responsible parent knows that they need to invest in the right equipment to help them grow into healthier human beings. I recommend starting with buying a liquid detergent like Mother Sparsh Laundry detergent and a washable mattress cover. Once you understand your baby’s needs and how your lifestyle changes with the newest member of the family, invest in other things.