It’s that time of year again. The dry, cold air is here and your skin is feeling it. Winter is a time of year when skin can suffer from dryness and irritation. If you are unsure how to take care of skin in Winter naturally, here is everything that you need to know to keep your skin nourished and glowing in winter.
9 Natural Ways for How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
1. Use a moisturizer. Moisturizers are important for any time of year, but especially in winter when your skin is drier and more sensitive. Look for a moisturizer with a light, oil-free formula that will help retain your skin’s natural moisture.
2. Avoid using harsh soaps and shampoos. Soap and shampoo can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation. Stick to gentle cleansing products instead – something like an organic soap or a bar of soap with glycerin or coconut oil added to it.
3. Keep your skin warm and dry. One of the best ways to keep your skin healthy during winter is to keep it warm and dry at all times. Keep your home warm and dry, put on heated gloves when you need to do chores outside, dress in layers so that you can adjust the temperature as necessary, and use a humidifier if necessary.
4. Protect your skin from the cold weather elements. It’s important to protect your skin from the harsh elements of winter – wind, snow, ice – by wearing appropriate clothing and accessories (like hats and boots), staying sheltered when possible, and using sunscreen if you are outside for long periods of time.
5. Eat a healthy diet for your skin type in wintertime. If you are oily or combination oily/dry, make sure to include plenty of nourishing foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and soy products in your meals throughout the winter months to help keep your skin hydrated and glowing!
6 . Exfoliate regularly. Dead cells on the surface of the skin can lead to dryness or even infection in colder climates – so it’s important to exfoliate regularly in order to remove these cells! Try out some gentle exfoliating products like glycolic acid masks or scrubs that work well with dried-out skin types (rather than overly-drying toners).
7 . Use caution with exposure to sunlight. Too much sun exposure can cause excessive damage to the delicate surface layer of our skin (called the epidermis) which can lead to dryness or even wrinkles over time! When outdoors during Winter be sure to apply sunscreen every time you go outside even if it doesn’t seem like it will be sunny enough!
8 . Drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of eczema flare-ups in people – so make sure you drink plenty of fluids throughout the day even if you don’t feel thirsty! Alkaline water is especially good for rehydrating tired skin because its pH balances out our naturally acidic environment on our skin cells (the same reason why drinking lemon water helps clear up acne!).
9 . Get enough rest. When we don’t get enough sleep our bodies fight against repairing themselves properly – this includes our skin which can lead to dryness. If you are facing problems while falling asleep, this article might help you.
Why is My Skin Dry in the Winter?
Dry skin is a common problem in the winter. The cold weather can make your skin dry and itchy which is not very comfortable. This is one of the reasons why skin care in winters is a challenge.
A number of factors can lead to dry skin, including:
- low humidity
- cold weather
- dry air indoors
- windy conditions outdoors
- overly hot showers or baths
- too much soap or shampoo
What Are the Best Ingredients for a Winter Skincare Regime?
In order to take good care of your skin during the winter, it’s important to stick to a few key principles: use moisturizers, sunscreen, and gentle cleansers. We have already discussed these in detail while understanding how to take care of skin in winter naturally.
However, there are also some specific ingredients that can be beneficial for winter skin care – Below are four of the best ones to try:
1. Shea Butter is a natural moisturizer that can help keep your skin feeling soft and smooth.
2. Avocado Oil is a rich source of antioxidants that can help protect your skin against damage caused by the harshness of the winter cold.
3. Jojoba Oil is a natural oil that helps keep skin hydrated and nourished – perfect for dry winters!
4. Grape Seed Oil is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that can help protect your skin from environmental aggressors like pollution and UV rays!
Ultimately, the best way to take care of your skin during the winter is to be consistent with your skin care regimen – and use ingredients that are specifically beneficial for winter skin!
How Does Skin Care Vary With Age?
There is no “one size fits all” approach to skincare. As we age, the skin on our faces and bodies may become drier, less elastic, and more prone to wrinkles. However, there are still some general skin care tips that can be applied to everyone regardless of their age.
Below are a few tips that are especially important for people over the age of 40:
1. Always use sunscreen when outdoors in the sun. Even if it’s cloudy out or you think it won’t be sunny, always wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun!
2. Use moisturizers regularly throughout the winter. Moisturizers help renew and protect our skin cells from becoming dry and brittle. Make sure to apply moisturizer before bedtime to help keep your face hydrated all night long!
3. Use a gentle cleanser every day – even if your skin is feeling dry. A gentle cleanser will remove any build-up on your skin that can lead to acne or other problems down the line!
4. Avoid using harsh scrubs or toners – these can actually strip away precious moisture from our skin over time! Instead, use a gentle exfoliating soap or cream once or twice per week instead – this will help remove any dead skin cells without compromising your skin’s moisture levels too much!
This Is How To Take Care of Skin in Winter Naturally!
Now you know everything about how to take care of skin in winter naturally. All this information will help you create the ultimate winter skincare routine. From moisturizing to exfoliating and everything in between, these tips and tricks will ensure that your skin looks its best all winter long.